The Ram 1500 continues to define full-size pickup truck capability, durability and performance. New on the list of available engines is a 3.6L 24V VVT DOHC Pentastar™ V6 engine that delivers Best-in-Class fuel economy – Up to 7.8 L/100 KM (36 mpg) coupled with exceptional power and responsiveness.
- Regular Cab, Quad Cab, and Crew Cab (4x2/4x4 and short/long box) configurations
- New segment-first2 8-speed automatic
- New segment-first2 “four-corner” air suspension with five height positions (available)
- New High Fuel Efficiency (HFE) model with tonneau cover, stop/start technology and Best-in-Class1 fuel economy (available)
- New segment-first active2 grille shutters (packaged with 8-speed)
- Redesigned interiors including: premium seat material and colours, LED lighting, soft-touch, door surfaces, centrestack, instrument panel clusters and cup holders
- New grilles, front fascia and front bumper designs for enhanced appearance and aerodynamics
- New segment-first2 centrestack-mounted rotary electronic shifting (E-shift) and transfer-case selector (packaged with 8-speed)
- 6'4" bed now available on Crew Cab models (Late availability)
- New factory-installed tonneau cover system available for all box configurations
- New wheel-to-wheel side steps for enhanced aerodynamics and ease of access to bed (available)
- New segment-first1 7-inch high-resolution instrument cluster with Thin Film Transistor Liquid Crystal Display (TFT/LCD) and fully customizable user interface (available)
- New next-generation Uconnect™ radio lineup
- New wheel designs
- New projector headlamps with Halogen Infrared Reflecting bulbs (HIR) (available)
DID YOU KNOW?
- Ram is the Longest-Lasting Line of Pickups in Canada
- The Ram 1500 has a lightweight aluminum hood that contributes to increased fuel economy
- Ram uses dual-platinum spark plugs with a service life of up to 160,000 kms without degradation in spark density
- Ram 1500 uses an environmentally friendly Organic Additive Technology (OAT) type coolant with corrosion resistance properties that are superior to traditional antifreeze.
(1) “Based on 2012 Automotive News full-size pickup segmentation. 2013 EnerGuide highway fuel consumption ratings. Government of Canada test methods used. Your actual fuel consumption will vary based on driving habits and other factors. 11.4 L/100 km (25 mpg) city and 7.8 L/100 km (36 mpg) hwy on HFE model with 3.6L V6 and 8-speed automatic transmission. Ask your retailer for EnerGuide information.”
(2)Based on Automotive News 2012 Large Pickup Segmentation. Based on competitive information available at time of printing.
(3)Based on longevity of entire Ram large pickup segment compared to all competitive large pickups on the road since 1988. Longevity based on R.L. Polk Canada, Inc. Canadian Vehicles in Operation data as of July 1st, 2012 for model years 1988-2012 for all large pickups sold and available in Canada over the last 25 years.
UconnectTM Hands-Free Communication | Must use Bluetooth® compatible phone. Driving while distracted can result in loss of vehicle control. Only use mobile phones and other devices, even with voice commands, when it is safe to do so.